A Global Leader
- Sandoz is a Novartis company with a reputation for quality going back to the 19th century (foundation of Sandoz by Edouard Sandoz in 1886).
- The Sandoz Global Vision is to be the main provider of high quality, affordable medicines helping secure long-term access to healthcare for people around the world.
- Sandoz, a global generics leader, develops, produces and markets medicines that are no longer protected by patents, along with pharmaceutical and biotechnological active substances.
- Sandoz offers patients approximately 1000 molecules worldwide.
- Sandoz medicines are available to about 90% of the world’s population.
- Sandoz produces far more than just traditional off-patent products. We differentiate ourselves from other companies by developing and producing difficult-to-make generic medicines that require an exceptionally high degree of expertise and knowledge and often involve complex high-tech delivery systems. These range from oral solids and inhalers through patch technologies to state-of-the-art biosimilars – approved versions of biopharmaceutical medicines.
- Sandoz has eight major global development centres and a worldwide network of production sites and technology centres of excellence.
- Sandoz reported sales of USD 8.7 billion in 2012 and employs more than 26,000 people in over 140 countries.
- Sandoz global headquarters is based in Holzkirchen, Germany, just south of Munich.
Select a category